Tuesday 31 August 2010

Princess Workouts


It's amazing what one day of sunshine can do to a girl!
Yesterday i was the proverbial gloomy bear, face covered in ketchup and everything >.<
Today it's a totally different story, the sun is shining, my favourite summer hat is on and my tummy is full of strawberry cream frappuccino's! Hooray for the last day of August :]

The sunshine also convinced me that after a month of slobbing out, it was time to get myself fit again. Yeah, i know, i've pretty much missed the entire swimsuit season, but hey, better late than never (right?) and if anything it gives me an excuse to go on a late holiday to bust out my abs (hopeful abs...a girl can dream)

So after six month of avoiding it, i rejoined the gym and was instantly posed with a problem.
Is there an etiquette for the fitness conscious everyday lolita?
Does 'Angelic Pretty' or 'Baby The Stars Shine Bright' provide suitable non sweaty outfits - frills and all - for those wanting to maintain the lolita/princess/sweetheart lifestyle to the max? I just don't believe pink lycra and sweatbands translates to glittery lolita very well.

I mean, you can "lolita up" a swimming costume - HELLO floral swim caps!
But in order to fulfil the lifestyle lolita status, does a girl need to avoid situations ie. going to the gym which seem incompatible with the outfits that signifies it?

I've found some adorable ACDC RAG bloomers and a pastel blue vest that i think will hold up as both lolita-esque and gym bunny-chic but i'll update you with how it goes tomorrow.
The pressure is on, i really don't want to resort to my three year old comfy leggings and boyfriend tshirt...there is something about late summer and pastels that keeps my mood in unicorn cloud mode :D

Any thoughts? What keeps you guys in a sunshine mood?
xoxo
Strawberrii Cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment